Washington University used to use live cats and other animals as part of their testing for the Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course, but thanks to the efforts of petitioners, they will no longer torture the cats. Thanks to the person who started the petition. I signed it, but was surprised to find it had gotten that far; I’m so glad it did! They’ve stated that this is a permanent change for PALS. However, it’s still unknown whether the rest of the courses will follow in their footsteps and put an end to animals cruelty at Wash. U forever. Way to go, PALS, you’re making the right choice.
- Washington University stops using cats in medical training (stltoday.com)
- Washington U’s med school will replace cats with high-tech manequins for medical training (medcitynews.com)
- Washington U stops use of live cats for PALS (examiner.com)
- Stop the Use of Cats in Medical Training Exercises (forcechange.com)
- Washington University stops using cats in medical training, PETA says (stltoday.com)